2018 State Track & Field Qualifiers
A large number of Kiowa County High School students qualified to attend the KSHSAA State Track & Field Championships at Wichita State University on May 25 and 26. The KCHS Girls qualified 14 girls in 10 events, and the KCHS Boys qualified 9 boys in 6 events. The following list of students will be competing in Wichita over the weekend.
Events listed with an asterisk (*) after them signify an event that will have preliminaries. Athletes in these events will have to qualify in order to be able to run in the Finals on Saturday.
GIRLS STATE QUALIFIERS
- Long Jump (Casey Erickson & Ashlin Oberle)
- Triple Jump (Ashlin Oberle, Brooke Oberle, & Brecken VandenHoek)
- Pole Vault (Hannah Melton)
- Discus (Sabrina Thomas)
- Shot Put (Sabrina Thomas)
- 400m Dash* (Casey Erickson & Kellie Rhodes)
- 800m Run (Hailey Shaffer)
- 4x100m Relay* (Gracie Gray, Hannah Melton, Ashlin Oberle, Brooke Oberle, & Brecken VandenHoek)
- 4x400m Relay* (Alisyn Davis, Cameron Erickson, Casey Erickson, Sarah Hubert, & Kellie Rhodes)
- 4x800m Relay (Tye Brack, Cameron Erickson, Casey Erickson, Regan Rhodes, & Hailey Shaffer,
BOYS STATE QUALIFIERS
- Javelin (Cale Thompson)
- Shot Put (Brandon Detwiler)
- 110m High Hurdles* (Reid Rhodes)
- 400m Dash* (Corey Erickson)
- 4x100m Relay* (Gage McDonald, AJ Owens, Cale Thompson, & Cooper Zenger)
- 4x400m Relay* (James Brack, Corey Erickson, Gage McDonald, Braiden Merhoff, & Reid Rhodes)
By clicking on the link at the bottom of the page, you will be able to find the Order of Events/Time Schedule for the State Track and Field Meet. The events that the Kiowa County students will be competing in are highlighted in yellow. Remember, in the following events the students will have to qualify for the Finals to be able to run the event on Saturday. Please be advised that I have highlighted the Saturday start times of the events listed below as well.
110m High Hurdles